Did you know about the American Bully Types? In recent years, this breed has become more popular among dog enthusiasts, and for good reason. American bullies make excellent pets for both families and individuals due to their robust bulk, devotion, and cuddly demeanor. It can be difficult to select the best American bully for you, though, because there are so many distinct varieties of them.
American Bully Types
The numerous subtypes of American bullies and their distinctive traits will be discussed in this article. We’ll discuss all the numerous sizes and subtypes, from the classic American bully to the pocket American bully. Additionally, we’ll offer viewpoints from knowledgeable breeders and trainers to assist you in choosing which American Bully breed is right for you.
1. The Classic American Bully:
The classic American bully is the foundation of the breed. It possesses a stocky and muscular build, showcasing strength and power. With a wide chest and a solid frame, this type often exudes an imposing presence. Their heads are broad and well-defined, displaying a confident and determined expression. The classic bully’s temperament is known for being stable, reliable, and highly trainable. Their friendly and outgoing nature makes them excellent family pets and loyal companions. The American Bully classes. Best 100 American Bully Names for Male and Female Dogs
Characteristics of classic bully:
- Male Size: 17– 20 at Withers
- Female Size: 16 – 19 at Withers
- Lifespan: 10 – 12 years
- Classic American Bully is a muscular and athletic breed.
- They have a strong and powerful build with a broad chest and sturdy frame.
- Classic American Bullies have a distinctive blocky head and a broad skull.
- They have a strong jaw and a wide muzzle.
- Their eyes are typically medium-sized and can be any color.
- The breed has a short, stiff, and glossy coat that is easy to maintain.
- Classic American bullies come in a variety of colors and patterns.
- They have a confident and outgoing temperament.
- They are known for their loyalty and protective nature towards their family.
- Classic American Bullies are intelligent and trainable.
- They require regular exercise to keep them physically and mentally stimulated.
- They are generally good with children and can be friendly towards other pets if properly socialized.
- Classic American bullies are known for their high tolerance for pain.
- They are not typically aggressive towards humans but can be wary of strangers.
- They have a strong prey drive and should be supervised around small animals.
- Classic American Bullies have a lifespan of around 10 to 12 years.
- They may have certain health issues like hip dysplasia, allergies, and skin problems.
2. The Standard American Bully:
The standard American bully is a well-balanced and proportionate type. They possess impressive muscle mass and strength while maintaining agility and athleticism. This type showcases a powerful appearance with a broad chest, muscular shoulders, and a thick neck. Standards have a gentle and affectionate temperament, making them excellent choices for families with children. Their intelligence and eagerness to please make training sessions enjoyable and rewarding.
- Male Size: 17” – 20” at Withers
- Female Size: 16” – 19” at Withers
- Lifespan: 10 – 12 years
- Muscular and athletic build
- Wide and powerful jaws
- Thick neck and broad chest
- Short to medium-length coat
- An intelligent and confident demeanor
- Strong and loyal nature
- Eager to please and trainable
- Generally good with children and other pets when properly socialized
Price of the Standard American Bully:
- Prices can vary depending on various factors such as lineage, quality, breeder reputation, and geographical location.
- On average, a Standard American Bully puppy can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $5,000.
- Exceptional show-quality or rare color variations may fetch prices higher than the average range.
- Adoption fees for rescued or sheltered American Bullies can be more affordable, ranging from $200 to $500.
3. The Pocket American Bully:
As the name suggests, the Pocket American Bully is a more compact version of the breed. They retain the characteristic muscular build of the American bully while being shorter in stature. Despite their smaller size, pockets are well-muscled and exhibit the same strength and power as their larger counterparts. This type is often preferred by individuals who appreciate a more manageable size without compromising on the breed’s signature traits. Pockets are known for their playful and outgoing personalities, making them a hit among families and active individuals.
- Male Size: 14” – 17” at Withers
- Female Size: 13” – 16” at Withers
- Lifespan: 10 – 12 years
- The Pocket American Bully is a small-sized breed of dog.
- They are muscular and compact in appearance.
- They have a strong and sturdy build.
- They have short and glossy coat.
- They have a confident and alert temperament.
- They are intelligent and easily trainable.
- They are rich for their loyalty and affection towards their owners.
- They are generally good with children and other pets if properly socialized.
- Pocket American Bully puppy price varies from $2,000 to $5,000, depending on factors such as bloodline, pedigree, and breeder reputation.
4. The XL American Bully:
On the other end of the size spectrum, we have the XL American Bully. This type showcases an impressive muscular structure and a commanding presence. XL Bullies possess a larger frame, with massive chests, broad shoulders, and a powerful build. While their size may be intimidating, their temperament is often gentle, affectionate, and friendly. XL Bullies are adored by individuals seeking a loyal and protective companion with an imposing physical presence.
- Male Size: 20” – 23” at Withers
- Female Size: 19” – 22” at Withers
- Lifespan: 10 – 12 years
- XL American Bully is a breed of dog known for its muscular build and large size.
- It has a broad head, well-defined jawline, and thick neck.
- This breed has a short, glossy coat that comes in various colors and patterns.
- XL American Bullies have a confident and outgoing temperament.
- They are loyal and protective of their families, making them excellent guard dogs.
- These dogs are generally good with children and can be friendly with other pets if properly socialized.
- The XL American Bully requires regular exercise to maintain its muscle tone and overall health.
- The price of an XL American Bully puppy can vary depending on factors such as lineage, pedigree, and breeder reputation.
- On average, the cost of an XL American Bully puppy ranges from $2,000 to $5,000.
5. The Extreme American Bully:
The Extreme American Bully pushes the boundaries of the breed’s physical traits. This type is characterized by exaggerated muscle mass, bone structure, and overall size. Extremes are known for their exceptional girth, massive heads, and exaggerated features. While their appearance may be awe-inspiring, it’s essential to remember that responsible breeding and proper training are crucial to maintaining their health and well-being. Extremes can be gentle and loving companions when raised in a nurturing environment.
- The Extreme American Bully is a large and muscular breed of dog
- They have a broad and powerful chest, with a thick neck and strong jaws
- Their head is large with a pronounced stop and defined cheeks
- They have a short coat that is dense and glossy
- The breed is known for its intimidating appearance and muscular build
- They are highly protective of their families and make excellent guard dogs
- They are often described as affectionate and good-natured with their owners
- The Extreme American Bully requires regular exercise to maintain their physical and mental health
- They are intelligent and respond well to training
- The price of an Extreme American Bully can vary depending on factors such as bloodline, pedigree, and breeder reputation
- Price range from $2,000 to $5,000 or even higher for exceptional specimens.
6. The Classic Bully Hybrid:
The Classic Bully Hybrid is a unique type that combines the Classic American Bully with other breeds, such as the American Pit Bull Terrier or the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. This crossbreeding results in a bully with a distinctive blend of traits from both parent breeds. Classic bully hybrids can vary in appearance, with some displaying a more bully-like appearance while others lean towards the characteristics of the other parent breed. Their temperaments can also differ depending on the individual cross, but they generally retain the loyalty and trainability of the American Bully
- The Classic Bully Hybrid is a crossbreed between an American Bully and an English Bulldog.
- It has a muscular and stocky build with a broad chest and a large head.
- The breed comes in various colors, such as brindle, fawn, blue, or tri-color.
- They have a friendly and affectionate temperament, making them great family pets.
- They are intelligent and easily trainable but may require consistent socialization and obedience training.
- The Classic Bully Hybrid is known for being loyal and protective, making them excellent guard dogs.
- They have a moderate energy level and enjoy daily walks and playtime.
- The average price range for The Classic Bully Hybrid puppies is around $1,000 to $3,000, depending on the breeder, lineage, and the puppy’s quality.
7. The Exotic American Bully:
The exotic American bully is characterized by its striking and unconventional appearance. This type often showcases exaggerated features, unique coat patterns, and vibrant colors. Exotics are highly sought-after for their distinctive aesthetics, often boasting rare and eye-catching physical traits. However, it’s crucial to note that responsible breeding practices and the health of the dog should always take precedence over cosmetic features. Exoticbulliess can exhibit a wide range of temperaments, as their breeding often involves a mix of various bully types.
Characteristics of the Exotic American Bully:
- Muscular and athletic build
- Broad chest and thick bones
- Bully breed with a powerful stance
- Large head with a strong jawline
- Short, dense coat in various colors and patterns
- Friendly and outgoing temperament
- Intelligent and trainable
Price of the Exotic American Bully:
- The price can vary significantly depending on factors such as bloodline, pedigree, and breeder reputation.
- Price range from $2,000 to $10,000 or more.
- Exceptional bloodlines or rare coat colors may command higher prices.
- The cost may also include additional expenses such as vaccinations, health checks, and paperwork.
8. The Micro American Bully:
The Micro American Bully is the smallest type within the breed, emphasizing compactness and portability. These pint-sized bullies possess well-defined muscles and a sturdy build, despite their diminutive size. Micros are often favored by individuals looking for a bully companion that can accompany them everywhere without the challenges of handling a larger dog. Although small in stmicrobulliesBullies exhibit the same loyalty, affection, and protective nature as their larger counterparts.
- The Micro American Bully is a small-sized breed of dog.
- They have a strong and muscular build.
- They have a short and glossy coat.
- They have a compact and powerful appearance.
- They have a wide chest and strong legs.
- They have a friendly and outgoing temperament.
- They are highly intelligent and trainable.
- They are loyal and protective of their family.
- They are good with children and other pets if properly socialized.
- They require regular exercise to maintain their muscle tone.
- They are some health issues such as hip dysplasia and allergies.
- The price of a Micro American Bully varies from $2,000 to $10,000
9. The Tri-Color American Bully:
The Tri-Color American Bully is admired for its unique coat pattern, which typically includes three distinct colors. This type often exhibits a base coat color with contrasting patches or markings, creating a striking visual appearance. Tri-Color Bullies can display a wide range of temperaments depending on their specific lineage and upbringing. It’s important to focus on the overall health, temperament, and well-being of the dog rather than solely prioritizing coat color.
- The Tri-Color American Bully is a breed of dog known for its distinctive tri-color coat pattern.
- They have a strong and muscular build, with a compact and athletic body.
- This breed is known for its friendly and outgoing personality, making them great family pets.
- They are highly intelligent and trainable, making them ideal for obedience training and various dog sports.
- The Price varies of a Tri-Color American Bully puppy is from $1,500 to $5,000
10. The Bully XXL:
The Bully XXL, also known as the Extra Extra Large American Bully, represents the pinnacle of size within the breed. These giants possess an incredibly muscular and imposing physique, coupled with a gentle and loving temperament. Their massive heads, broad shoulders, and overall size demand attention wherever they go. While Bully XXLs can be awe-inspiring, potential owners must be aware of the additional care and considerations required to maintain their health and well-being.
- The Bully XXL is a high-quality and durable dog harness
- It is specifically designed for large and extra-large breeds
- Made from strong and resistant materials to withstand the strength of powerful dogs
- Offers excellent control and support for dogs during walks or training sessions
- Features a comfortable and adjustable design for a secure and snug fit
- Equipped with a sturdy handle on the back for better control and assistance
- Reflective stitching enhances visibility and safety during nighttime walks
- Available in different sizes to suit various breeds and body types
The American Bully breed encompasses a diverse range of types, each with its own unique physical characteristics and temperaments. From the classic bully to the pocket XXL, there is a bully to suit various preferences and lifestyles. When considering bringing an American Bully into your life, it is essential to prioritize responsible breeding, proper training, and a nurturing environment to ensure their well-being. Remember, a bully’s temper, loyalty, and love should always be at the forefront, regardless of their size or appearance.